View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Murder-house thingy 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post Murder-house thingy
Lore: You're stuck in a house, and because of mind-control drugs, you all hate each other and want everyone to die but you.

ok, seriously, someone told you there'd be a massive amount of treasure if you made it out alive, but only 1 person can have the treasure. If more than 1 person comes out alive, no treasure. So, you have to kill or be killed. Random items you can find around this long-abandoned house (so, no TV or computer), include, but are not limited to:

kitchen knives
spoons
forks
plates
dolls
chalk
pencils
chairs
small table
old golf clubs

and the list goes on. You don't have to look specifically for these items, or look specifically for an item of your choosing, in fact, I recommend against it, since that would make it less likely that you find anything. You can improvise within reasonable bounds, and movement is showed with a one-turn delay (at the beginning of the next turn, current positions are shown, but not strategies, items, etc).

a picture of the house is below:

Every turn is equal to approximately 20 feet in any direction. You may decide to move quickly to the tune of 40 feet, but if you try to look for objects you won't be as vigilant in your search (50% reduction in chance of seeing smaller items, or noticing that something has changed slightly), and you will make extra noise. That is: everyone will be informed of your movement as you make your way through the area you're in, if they are within a 20-foot radius of your position, in a sphere. Height of the house is 20 feet, each floor is ten feet. The math is relatively easy.

Only extra rules:

Stairs: If you move close to a wall on a staircase, and move quickly, you are only audible within 10 feet, as moving close to a wall on a staircase typically stifles sound a bit more.

Oh, one last thing: deadlines are every day at 12 p.m. mountain time, If sounds are made and someone hears it, they will be informed by 2 p.m. and will be allowed to adjust their strategy to the tune of 10 feet (the last half of their turn will be ignored and they may re-adjust as the new info comes out, you cannot, however, decide to move more quickly and go another 20 feet, this would just be awkward to deal with... sorry.), deadline for the new strategy being 6 p.m. mountain time.

Final results will be given at 9 p.m. mountain time.

2: Have fun.

Anybody wish to join or have any comments/suggestions? (Besides the fact that there is a war going on and I should wait until after, that is a given)

Last edited by Asriel Belacqua on Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:47 am
Profile YIM
Colonel
Colonel

Post Re: Murder-house thingy
Mmmm....sounds fun. I'm in.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:28 am
Colonel
Colonel

me too, (though there might be a small amount of difficulty for posting as I am doing graveyard, I usually want to be asleep before 12 pm)

WE HAVE A KITTY AGAIN!!!

Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:50 pm
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

If we get like 1 or 2 more people then I'd start, and I could try to find better times for Azeroth, since he's working graveyard. I assume you wake up, do whatever, work, then sleep? (so work is at the end of your "day"?)

If so, I could make deadlines a bit earlier and later in the day (first deadline at like 10, second one closer to 10 p.m. or something, results at like 11 or whatever).

Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:50 pm
Profile YIM
Warmod
Warmod

Hm, kind of like the Dungeon Survival minigame DepuppeT ran a couple of times.

I'm finding the dimensions on the map a little hard to read - does the Dining Room say "13 foot 9 inches by 13 foot 11 inches"?

"There is no R in Kapuran. Except for the R" ~Krappy

Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:54 am
Profile WWW
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

The map will be edited a bit when, we get enough people, to be more rounded length numbers, because I'm NOT going to count out inches... haha

That was just kind of a sample image for simplicity's sake since it was like 2 a.m. when I wrote the first post.

But yes, dimensions will be close to what they are now (just rounded to .5 feet or whole feet), and map will be edited and re-uploaded tomorrow with more readable dimensions.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:48 pm
Profile YIM
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Image is updated with additional notes that I thought of. Yes, the quality is poor. It's a mini game. :P

The image is here for reference: Image

Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:55 pm
Profile YIM
Sergeant
Sergeant

I'll play
I have question I know the house it long abandoned so no t.v. or computers, but will it still have electricity? so someone could jury rig a trap using a knife a toaster and the bathroom sink. Not that I would do that <___<

Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:23 am
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

There might be tv's (just old ones, probably be black and white honestly), but no, the electricity was cut off long ago, that, and the wiring is so old that it basically fell apart. (Wiring back before like 1950 IIRC was pretty shoddy and didn't really last unless you kept up with it)

Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:30 am
Profile YIM
Sergeant
Sergeant

okay dissapointing but it was just a small plan drop a knife in a sink fill it with water put a toaster in the water sabotage the wire near the plug and then plug it in, that way if someone tried to grab the knife they'd be shocked to death and if anyone tried to unplug the toaster they'd be shocked to death.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:34 am
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Ingenious, and I like your thinking, but no, there's no electricity that I'm aware of. Batteries might be laying around, but otherwise there is wiring in the house, but no power.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:58 pm
Profile YIM
Sergeant
Sergeant

Thanks, I have alot of plans in the works, I want the deaths I cause to be creative. One more question, is there a fireplace?

Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:55 am
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

You'll have to find out. I'm going to try to stay out of specifics until we get there since it might be a while until we actually start the game (There's a war going on right now, as well as the fact that I'm actually leaving for a month in like a week) and I wouldn't want to let people stew on specific strategies.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:54 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]